Open call for professional dance artists for residential stay in Mediterranean Dance Cente San Vincenti
Contemporary dance and movement are your current preoccupation? Or maybe some other form of physical theatre and performance art? After an unusually challenging and exhausting year that we have seen off, do you long to finally open up the space for development and research some of new projects that is occupying you? Would some space and a place to work at be helpful for your project/piece? Would these resources help you at this point to continue the process? If the answers are yes, we invite you to apply for a residency at the Mediterranean Dance Center.
The Mediterranean Dance Center functions as a platform for researching dance and movement - offering space and resources for the creation and development of various forms of performing arts. During last decade MPC has hosted numerous artists at various stages of research and creation of their own projects. Located in Svetvinčenat, the small Istrian renaissance city of just 180 inhabitants, MPC also offers an inspiring environment, peace and isolation with the main goal to ensure the work proccess without any distractions.
We invite dance artists with fresh ideas for new projects to apply for residential stay in Mediterranean Dance Center. The deadline for application is February 20th!
- artistic residencies from April to December 2021 (duration of a single residential stay of normally 7-10 days. If you need a longer stay, explain)
- living and working in the Center during your stay; the studio measures 9 x 20 meters. There is a wooden floor (with the possibility of using black or white dance floor), ordinary working lights (no special equipment), a wardrobe, a sanitary facility with washing machine, and a kitchenette). MPC will host you at the upper floor, an open-space sleeping area overlooking the studio itself. You can see the pictures following the
- food costs during the stay.
- travel expenses MUST be covered by the artist/group
- an open presentation for the audience at the end of their stay and/or a workshop where the artist (or group) teaches and presents their practice to the local community.
HOW TO APPLY:
You can application form
Deadline for applications is February 20th.
For all your inquiries, you can contact us at until February 10th.